Miriam Young Professionals is a group of emerging leaders, ages 21 to 39, dedicated to creating awareness of Miriam School and Learning Center in the St. Louis region. This dynamic group of professionals will promote the mission of Miriam within the community by:
- Creating a broader awareness of Miriam and the children we serve
- Planning, promoting, and executing fundraising events
- Networking to enhance Young Professionals membership
- Volunteering their time and talent
Benefits of Miriam Young Professionals
Joining Young Professionals is an outstanding way for emerging leaders to increase their visibility as well as extend their outreach in the St. Louis community. Additional benefits include:
- An opportunity to make a meaningful impact for unique learners in the region
- Meet and network with like-minded young professionals who share your passion
- A collaboration and mentorship from Miriam Board members
- Growth of personal and professional leadership skills
What it means to be a Young Professional
In addition to heightening the awareness of Miriam’s mission of empowering unique learners to build confidence and a foundation for success, expectations for members of Young Professionals will include:
- Attend bi-monthly meetings (July, September, November, January, March, May) the 2nd Wednesday of each month beginning at 4:30pm
- Attend Young Professionals social events scheduled during non-meeting months (August, October, December, February, April)
- Participation in the planning, promotion, and execution of Young Professionals fundraisers i.e. securing sponsors & in-kind donations, boost ticket sales, event set-up & tear down
- Attend one Miriam-sponsored event scheduled throughout the school year
- A meaningful contribution to the Annual Fund campaign
- Recruitment of new members sharing the same passion
- Be willing to learn about, advocate for, and support Miriam’s mission as needed
- Most importantly, have a good time and know that you are a partner in making a difference in the lives of unique learners and their families!
Miriam Young Professionals is looking to launch July 12, just in time for the 2023-24 school year!
Do you have additional questions? Contact Dana Glore, ACNP, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested in joining Young Professionals? Fill out the registration form NOW.