Selecting a school for your child is a big step and a family’s choice of an independent special education school program can be a challenging one. At Miriam, we believe that a strong partnership with our families helps ensure that the best match is made. We make every effort to articulate our vision for education as clearly as possible, so that parents can make an informed decision when considering our school.
Miriam School serves students in Kindergarten through 12th grade with complex learning differences from more than 50 zip codes in the greater St. Louis area. Our students possess average to above average intelligence, yet may face academic and social challenges in typical classrooms. Students at the Miriam thrive academically and socially in our low student to faculty ratio, welcoming community and multi-grade blended classrooms.
Miriam welcomes applicants:
- With complex learning needs including diagnosed learning disabilities, anxiety, attention deficits, speech/language delays, fine/gross motor delays, Level 1 autism, and sensory concerns
- With average to above average cognitive ability as measured by recent formal testing
- Who would benefit from our small class sizes, personalized learning approach and integrated therapies
- Who are free of any behavioral or emotional concerns, are fully verbal, and are independent in toileting and self-care
- Who are free of medical diagnoses requiring on-site medical personnel
Not all students will find their best fit at Miriam. While we understand that students may carry secondary diagnoses in addition to learning differences or attention deficits, Miriam is not equipped to meet the needs of students with these primary concerns:
- Aggressive or Disruptive Behaviors
- Emotional or Mood Disorders
- Intellectual or Cognitive Disabilities
- Significant Medical Diagnoses
Applicants for admissions are evaluated on an individual basis and considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by existing state or federal law or regulations.
Contact us today to learn more about whether the Miriam is the right fit for your child!
Miriam does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Nicole Gegg, HR Manager, 1138 N. Warson Rd., St. Louis, MO 63132, 314-962-6059, firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information on notice of nondiscrimination, visit : https://www2.ed.gov/about/contacts/gen/index.html?src=ft for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.