Key components of Miriam Academy’s academic program include:
- A commitment to serving students within a low student-teacher ratio, with smaller group breakouts for academic supports.
- A staffing model that includes content area teachers, special education teachers and a guidance counselor to provide individual support to Miriam Academy students and families regarding high school and post-secondary goals.
- An emphasis on integrated social skills development throughout the school day.
- An academic curriculum comprised of the core disciplines of English/language arts, math, science and social studies, plus health/physical education and fine arts.
- Individual supports tailored to each student’s needs, including a daily learning strategy time, as well as speech and language therapy and occupational therapy.
- Technology integration, including a 1:1 laptop program, to enhance learning opportunities.
- Project-based and interactive learning strategies utilized within each classroom.
- Exploration into the community, including field trips, to augment and enrich classroom learning.
- A balance of in-class learning and physical activity/sensory breaks built into each day.
- ISACS accreditation
- A+ school accreditation
- Chapter of the National Honor Society
- Encouraged participation in extracurricular activities to promote social interaction and leadership skills. chess, robotics, bowling, baseball, basketball, yearbook and school newspaper are some possibilities.
High school code: 260-012
Ready to learn more about applying? Read about our admissions process here!