The St. Louis County Children’s Service Fund and Miriam Learning Center are teaming up to provide a free two-week summer camp experience to 46 St. Louis County children entering grades K-8, who have a disability or academic or social/emotional delays and who come from families that meet income guidelines.
Families meet income criteria with an Adjusted Gross Income of $80,000 or less for a family of 1-4 or $90,000 or less for a family of five or more.
Summer camp experiences, beginning June 14 and ending July 30, will focus on academic and social/emotional skill development through intensive and fun instruction from licensed and certified professionals. We will provide breakfast, lunch and a snack for these campers. No transportation to and from camp will be available.
Camps will be at Miriam School located in Webster Groves, Missouri. In order to participate, students must benefit from provided programming in a 6:1 camper to staff ratio and they should be independent with activities of daily living including toileting and feeding.
We will accept applications on a first come, first-served basis. Prior to acceptance into camp, campers must meet all entrance criteria.
Your child may apply for CSF funding for two weeks of FREE summer camp if he/she meets all of the following criteria:
- The family resides within St. Louis County, as verified by the family’s address.
- The child is entering grades K-8 for the 2021-22 school year.
- The child has a disability or significant academic or social/emotional delay.
- The family has an Adjusted Gross Income of $80,000 or less for a family of 1-4 or $90,000 or less for a family of 5 or more. Once your child is accepted, you will need to provide income verification with 72 hours of acceptance in order to secure your child’s spot.
- The child is able to participate in groups with supervision of one adult to six children e.g., free of aggressive behaviors to self or others, can participate without 1:1 supervision, and does not elope from rooms or buildings.
- The child is free of toileting accidents and must be relatively independent in self-care (e.g., toileting, feeding).
- The family must be able to provide transportation to and from camp. Unfortunately, no transportation is available.
Submitting a camp application does not guarantee that your child will be accepted to summer camp. Miriam staff must first determine that your child meets all admission criteria. Prior to camp acceptance, children who have not had prior services through MLC will meet with camp staff in person or via zoom for 15-20 minutes.
The CSF Funded Camp Experience
Once accepted to summer camp, your child will experience a full day of fun academic and social/emotional skill development with licensed and certified professionals including special education certified teachers, occupational therapists and speech/language pathologists, and counselors and social workers.
Children may arrive to camp at 7:45am to eat breakfast. Camp instruction begins at 8:00am. Each child will receive daily instruction in reading, writing and math for a half day. Fun activities that develop each child’s social/emotional skills will fill the other part of the day. We will provide a nutritious boxed lunch and one snack. All campers must be picked up promptly at 3:00pm.
Campers may attend one two-week camp session from 8:00am to 3:00pm. You will be able to rank your session preferences when you complete your child’s camp application.
Session 1 June 14-June 25
Session 2 July 6-July 16 (No camp Monday, July 5, in observance of the holiday)
Session 3 July 19-July 30
Camps are located at Miriam School, 501 Bacon Avenue, Webster Groves, MO 63119.
Call 314-961-1500 with questions.